Thursday, February 14, 2013

♣:- My Valentine’s Day -:♣

Yesterday, I went to the city (at Union Square) with my valentine aka my mom ♥
We went to Whole Foods and got our delicious lunch.
image
(Chocolate and strawberry cheesecake! They are so cutee but they were a bit too sweet for me :c)
image
(Fried sesame balls!)
Afterwards, we got our nails done! The place was so nice and fancy. My finger nails is a dark shade of blue green. And my toes were a pale green C: Pumped up for spring! ♥
Then, we went to Strands bookstore. It was my first time there and it is now my favorite bookstore. There were books as low as $1-$2! There are all kinds of books: antiques, new arrivals, business, classics, etc. It is truly impeccable~
image
(The shelves are stacked so close together. It’s like I’m in a room filled with books).
My favorite part of the bookstore is the “Banned book section”. These wonderful books are banned by the dumbest reasons. A children’s picture book was banned in some schools because it “promotes homosexuality”. Like seriously? Absurd. 
And the books, Matilda and BFG by Roald Dahl were also banned in some schools. I’m so glad they can be found in this store!
In that section, I found one of my favorite reads, The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger. I’ve only read it once for school and I love it already.
I got the book for around $7. So happy~ ♥
Afterwards, we went home c:

No comments:

Post a Comment