Saturday, March 28, 2015

I finally got to see some of my high school friends again and we went to Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ for lunch! The restaurant was in the East Village which was near the explosion that occurred recently. There were a lot of firetrucks and police cars still near the area.

Miso soup and salad for appetizers
 the soup was very salty; they put too much miso :/

We ordered a set (I forgot which one) but the portions are kinda huge. We ordered beef, pork, and vegetables such as onion, pepper and corn. I kept burning the onions :(

This is my first time trying Japanese BBQ. Korean BBQ (and Chinese BBQ) heavily marinate their meat but this kind of meat is lightly seasoned and you dip it in sauce. 


Smores for dessert!

The service was very good; the servers always check up on us and are very friendly. When you leave, all the staff thank the customers in Japanese. I also like the bathroom too b/c there is mouthwash so your breath will be fresh upon leaving the restaurant.

After eating, I went to Lady M near Central Park. Their food is soo freakin' expensive; $8 per slice! I got a green tea crepe (my fav) and a strawberry shortcake for Colin (our anniversary was the next day so I brought the cake but I ended up eating most it lmao).

No comments:

Post a Comment