Saturday, June 15, 2013

(6.15.13) Open Mic @ MOCA (。・_・。)σ

Yesterday, I went to an open mic with Sam and her friend, Bernice.
The event took place in the Museum of Chinese in America (MOCA) at Chinatown. It was hosted by the Teen Resource Center (TRC) which was where Bernice volunteers. 
image
(Entrance of MOCA. It does not look like a museum lol)
Anyway, the event consisted of teenagers. They sang, rapped, etc. Some were really good singers. Others… I couldn’t hold in my laughter sorry not sorry
Honestly, I just came for the food. Sam said there would be noodles so I’m like “hell yeah I’m going” but instead they gave us bread and water…and we were only limited to one piece of bread.
It’s like we’re prisoners u__u;; Sam said they served noodles last time lol
There was also an Anna Sui fashion exhibit occurring during the open mic. The pieces of work were impeccable!
Here are some of my favorite designs:
image
image
image
image
Everything looks good on a mannequin!
image
(Sam & Bernice along with the designs ♪~)
image
(My camerawhoring~ Wore a plain outfit so I dressed it up with a pearl necklace!)
image
(I h9 my hair ;n; I plan to change it soon)
After that, we said bye to Bernice. Sam and I decided to get some late night desserts at Hi-Tea Cafe.
image
(Japanese crepe! Strawberry ice cream, mango & nutella sauce ^u^)
image
(Lychee green tea w/ lychee & coffee jelly = my favorite drink!)
It was getting really late so we decided to head home.
image
(Waiting for the bus. The streets were so empty. The bus took forever to come. I realized I didn’t have enough fare on my metrocard but the driver was nice enough to let me in ;u;)
So yeah that was my day! It was pretty fun but the open mic was a bit boring lol sorry not sorry came for the food

No comments:

Post a Comment