Sunday, July 21, 2013

(7.21.13) Burmese Water Festival NYC ✿◕‿◕✿

I went to a Burmese festival for the first time. I was really excited since I’m always looking forward to try new things ^w^
The festival took place in a school in Upper Manhattan. People served food inside and had the water fights outside.
image
I tried Burmese food for the first time.
This is probably the best thing I have tasted in my life next to the Japanese meal I had at Hide-Chan. It is rice noodle with fish soup. There are some crunch stuff inside with cilantro and onions omg my feels it tastes wonderful T^T)9 ♥
image
Desserts! Left: New Year drink (I think that’s the name). Right: Ice Salad.
The dessert at the left tastes really good. The green liquid tastes like sweet milk. There is sticky rice and bread to go along with it.
image
A woman preparing my ice salad. It is shaved ice with jellos of assorted colors. Then she puts food coloring on it and finishes off with crushed peanuts and condensed milk.
It wasn’t as great as I thought it would be. It tastes like my cough medicine but the jello was pretty good~
image
It looks really cute though right?
image
Dancers and singers performed throughout the festival. It was pretty cool C:
I did not join the water fight because it was full of kids and the last time a kid squirted water in my face I flipped out at him u__u;;
image
My friend, Jessica brought me here! She thought I would feel awkward since the place was full of Burmese people and I would feel like the odd one out (she said a lot of people were staring lolol). But I really enjoyed it! ^w^
I love tasting foods from different cultures! I like to open my mind to traveling new places, meeting new people, and trying new things ●▽●)/ ♥
Life is more exciting that way~

No comments:

Post a Comment