Sunday, August 19, 2012

♠:- August 19, 2012 -:♠ [PART 1]

Today I went to Queens for an Adventure Course activity. It is a challenge with high or low ropes that promote team building and problem solving skills. The activity I did today is a high rope and gurrl it’s pretty scary LOL
At first I didn’t want to go because I had to wake up at 6:45am. I dislike waking up early and doing anything that involves a lot of energy and today’s activities were both =p=”
(The sun just rose ^u^ A very pretty sight. Too bad the car was moving or I would have gotten a picture of the pretty lake glistening in the sun~)
I went with Sam, my mom, my mom’s friend and her niece, Yulia whom Sam and I befriended. It was quite fun ^u^
(The challenge: To climb the pole and walk on the cable using the ropes given to the next pole.)
(We got there like an hour early so we just played on the swings and the jungle gym LOL)
The event started and we were grouped with other people. Everyone was really nice and friendly ^u^ We did some “ice breaker” activities (which I dislike) and then we finally got on the challenge.
We put on our safety equipment. I forgot what it was called but it was extremely uncomfortable and tight :c Sam and Yulia were the first people to complete the challenge. I was too scared to even touch it ;n;
It was finally my turn T_T Sam and Yulia made me go LOL
(Putting the helmet on ;u; I was nervous already)
When I was trying to reach the second rope I fell but my safety rope caught me. I finally got hold of the next rope and everyone below me cheered ^0^)/ Times like this makes me thankful for having long arms so it was pretty easy to grab the ropes. 
(Yulia held my ladder and Sam took care of the rope. I had to climb the rest of the pole using metal handles on the pole afterwards ;u;)
When I climbed the pole, I realized how high up I was and freaked out a bit. There is a rope where you have to grab on to in order to inch your way across the cable. But then, the rope gets shorter and then it ends. You then have to reach for these other ropes hanging above you which is rather hard to reach :C
(I think I fell off the cable here. I was trying to get back on asdhakl)
But YEAHH I DID IT ^0^)/
I feel so accomplished! My legs felt like jello afterwards because I was actually really really scared lol. Everyone had their turn and we all cheered. Everyone was very encouraging towards one another~
It was a really fun experience ^u^`

No comments:

Post a Comment