Wednesday, January 29, 2014

First Time at the Gym!

Today is Colin and I's ten months of dating. I know it's not that long but what's more important is that today is also the first time I've stepped foot into a gym!
I told my mom I would be going to the gym with Colin last night. This morning, I came downstairs to these:


PROTEINNNN! My parents are runners, especially my mom, so we have a lot of protein and energy stuff whaddup

We went to the Bally's near Colin's house. I planned to have a free 7-day trial but apparently we gotta sign that up online. Since we walked all the way  in the cold there, I decided to become a member. It was $10 under Colin's card. 

We first did warmups and then we went downstairs to the heavy lifting area. At first, I was really intimidated. I was the only asian girl there lol (basically the only girl). Everyone stared at me as I walked in and they were all 3x bigger than me. I bet they're thinking if I even lift ;n;

Colin may be my boyfriend but when it comes to exercising, he has no mercy :c Throughout the workouts, he kept adding weights. But in the end, it got easier and easier so I'm glad he pushed me to work harder c:

The workouts don't seem to be that bad except for the squat machine. I really struggled with it even though he assisted me. After that, I worked out the glutes which wasn't that bad because it's similar to a pilates workout I do every day. 

We finished our workout by working out our calves. It wasn't that bad. I dropped weights; first I did three sets of 70 lbs, then 50 lbs, then 40 lbs.

Now that I'm a member, we planned to go to the gym together around three times a week! I'm really excited ^u^

Health post of the day [permalink]

My legs feel like noodles. I haven't lifted weights since last year at school. We went back to his place afterwards and drank protein shake. It was goood; tasted like chocolate milk~

I mad tired rn. I'm supposed to do 105 squats today for the squat challenge but I think today counted as more than 105 squats. I think I will take a nap after this. 
g'night y'all~





3 comments:

  1. Can you talk about how your parents feel with you dating someone of African descent? I'm African-American and have been married to a Taiwanese woman for 18 years. My in-laws love me now, but I remember the early days were not so pleasant. Anything you can provide on this would be great. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoah 18 years! That's a really long time!

      At first, I was planning to keep the relationship a secret because I was scared of what my parents would think. But one day my mom caught me with him but turns out she was fine with it which was really great. I introduced him to my mom and she really liked him! I told a few of my relatives about him and they were also cool with it as well.

      However, I haven't told my dad yet. He's a bit more strict and I still don't know how to bring it up to him after all these months. I'm waiting for the right time I guess :(

      Delete
  2. Thank you for answering my question. Yes, 18 years is a long time - we have 3 children (ages 16, 14 and 10). I remember when she first told her father about us - not good. But, over time he came to realize that I really love his daughter - and that outweighed any trepidation he felt about me not being Chinese. My advice is to tell him sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete